Microsoft visual studio is product of the big Microsoft company which is used to integrate development environment. it’s popularly used for all computing functions and formulation of computer programs, websites and mobile apps.
The product is supported by the Microsoft development software like:
- Windows forms
- Windows API
- Windows presentations foundation
- Windows Silverlight
- The list is endless; Microsoft visual studio produces two types of codes:
- Manage code
- Native code
The product is vast and uses a lot of languages thus being used by many nations in the globe. It has its latest version as 2017 version 15.9.3. Visual studio is commonly available in community edition which is a free version.
Installation process for Microsoft visual studio in windows 10
The process is easy and if well followed one will achieve best results from the said product. We shall discuss each step to ensure positive results.
1. Ensure your computer is ready for visual studio
- First before the process begin check on the device requirements to clarify is the computer supports visual studio 2017.
- Now check and apply for the latest windows updates. Updating assists in updating all the security features in your device and also helps update to the latest version supported by visual studio.
- Now reboot your computer to clear all uninstalled updates which may hinder the process.
- After this check whether you have space on your device. if not you can delete some of the unneeded files and programs.
2. Download visual studio
- Go to your browser and download the visual studio file.
- On the homepage you will get the sign “download visual studio 2017”
- Click on it and go to the edition of visual studio 2017 which you prefer best.
- Save the file and then click open folder.
3. Installation process using the visual studio installer
- Now run the bootstrapper file where the program will install the visual studio.
- Follow up in your downloads folder and double click the bootstrapper which has this kind of versions:
- Vs –enterprise .exe visual studio enterprise
- Vs- professional.exe for studio professional
- Vs-community .exe for visual studio community.
- The system will show a user account control notice. Here you are required to press “yes”
- Again you are requested to accept the term and conditions of Microsoft.
- After this select the continue button
4. Choose the workloads:
When the installation is done now you can:
- Get the workload from the visual studio screen. let’s take the NET desktop development.
- Now install the chosen workload, launch al the program and workloads after installation.
5. Now pick on individual components
Note this is optional and an alternative for the workloads. Select the components from the visual studio installer and continue as guided.
6. Install language
This too is optional, but remember the visual studio has variety of languages to choose from. Pick on the language packs form the installer then proceed with the instructions.
7. Start developing
With this steps, check whether the installation is successful. Select the launch button and then proceed to developing the visual.
- Press the file followed by new project.
- Select form the list the project name: c++
- After getting the type of project click on the install button.