India absorbs many of its student in the banking sector. This being a guaranteed career path and bank and financial institutions cropping out all over the country. However, to make a strong and incredible banker one has to go through certain exams. There are verified institution in the country offering banking studies.
In completing the course, the great and famous IBPS exams determines your worth in the banking sector. This year IBPS clerk exam has be announced and student are having the last minute preparation. Which is quite a challenge to some students. Nonetheless today we focus on the reference books to use.
The books will flock in the market and its one choice to select the best for the course. We have various list of the books which are recommended and certified for IBPS. Note to get a reference book you need to first use the syllabus. This the best guide though ignored by many.
The institute of Banking personnel selection IBPS offers the exam. Registrations opens in September 2018 where preliminary exam will take place in December plus main examination takes place January 2019.
IBPS clerk syllabus
Preliminary examination: the first section contains
- English language
- Numerical ability
- Reasoning ability and computer
- English language
- Quantitative aptitude
- General awareness.
Students will have to pass the preliminaries in order to seat for the main exam. Here we have the list of reference books as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude test by N.K Singh
- Quantitative aptitude for competitive exams by R.S Agarwal
- Kiran’s textbook of Quickest Mathematics
- A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R.S Agarwal
- Bank clerk preliminary examination by Arihant
- Test of reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- High school English Grammar and composition by Wren and Martin
- Word power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe
- Objective General English by R.S Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal
- Essential grammar in use 3rd edition by Raymond Murphy.
- Objective English for competitive examination 5th edition by Hari Mohan
- Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha
- Objective General English by S.P Bakshi
- The Pearson General knowledge manual by Edgar Thorpe
- Banking Awareness by Javed Siddiqui
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Lucent’s general knowledge 4th edition
- Manorama year book 2017
- India 2015 by Ministry of information
Computer Awareness by Arihant
Above are the recommended reference books for the banking clerk course. Student can choose from this variety as each is certified for proper guidance. IBPS clerk also offers online materials for the student too. Where we have the mock test exams, past papers, e-books and videos.
This prompt student to work harder and get variety of information. Nonetheless guide books can only help if one is planned and has timetable. Take each subject at a time and use the syllabus for guidance. Make time to rest as it helps you reflect on several details.
With the right preparation, every student will be eligible to get good grades for the main exam and realize their dreams.