USSD codes are common technological features we use daily though not sure of their function. All telecom operators have different USSD codes attached to each service. India holding the biggest number of telecommunication service providers. Each catering for a portion of users who have to buy a sim card. Users can top up their sim cards, buy data and also communicate using the networks provided.
Users have the privilege of balance checking using the special USSD codes. Telecom companies like Airtel, Idea and Vodafone give codes for the prepaid customers. The codes come in handy in getting your data balance especially for new users.
What is USSD code?
Unstructured supplementary service data(USSD) as full prescribed or “quick codes” or “feature codes”. This are unique communication protocol set to be used by the GSM cellular telephone. They transmit communication/data to the mobile network operators.
What are the uses of USSD codes?
USSD codes have various uses beside the balance checking as follows:
- WAP browsing
- Operators use it for prepaid callback services
- The service applies on mobile banking services
- Used for location-based operation services.
- If users need to get menu details.
- When one needs to setup and configure the phone network service.
The USSD is formulated using alphanumeric characters where each code is real and connecting at particular time. The codes work in both ways from the service provider to the receiver and vice versa.
With the operators in Indian country all users have a special way to check various services. Here we shall check providers using USSD codes and Reliance Jio which uses APP for balance checking.
SIM internet data balance checking using the USSD codes
- Airtel (Bharti Airtel)
Indians popular telecom service company, provides users with codes for checking internet data. The company gives options for the Airtel app which is common for the Android users. Basically app offers more details compared to the USSD. However, most users use USSD codes to get the service where Airtel code list:
- Airtel 2G internet balance: *121*2# followed by 2 and proceed
- 3/4G internet balance: *121# enter 2 and continue.
- *121*51# click on balance and validity the balance for data will show on the screen.
Vodafone also a famous company in India offers different codes for it esteemed clients. Check out the below list:
- Balance checking: *111*2*2#
- Previous balance: *111*6*2#
Another big company from the diverse country India Idea has the following list for the prepaid SIM card users.
- *125# for balance checking.
- Reliance Jio
Popularly known for fair services and offers Reliance Jio uses both the USSD code and App for balance checking.
- First open MyJio app on your mobile phone.
- Now login using your password or a sim verification.
- On the homepage check for the balance option on top of the of the page.
- Go to the menu and check the balance and validity.
- This is done using my plans tab, the system will offer the active and when the duration will expire.